MINUTES OF PRE-SEASON COMMITTEE MEETING
THURSDAY 25th February 2021 at 6pm
Present: David Hawes-Gatt (DHG) (Chairman/Hever), John Harris (JH) (West Malling) , Paul Cronin (PC )(Nevill) , Richard Beer (RB) (Canterbury) Darren Read (Red Libbets) Mark Kennedy (North Foreland)
Guest – Nick Bushell (Princes)
- Minutes of the last meeting were reviewed and no matters were arising.
- Finance – Confirmation that a nominal entry fee of £30 per team would be charged each year, primarily to pay for ongoing hosting and maintenance of a new upgraded website, with any surplus used to subsidise the jamboree. Motion carried unanimously.
- Sponsorship – Golfbreaks – despite tough conditions, Nik Hayes, Head of Commercial at Golfbreaks, confirmed they have plans to enhance support even further in the coming season. This will hopefully include specific events for Invicta league players, but may depend of course on how long pandemic restrictions continue for. All agreed once again that clubs and team members should do as much as possible to engage with Golfbreaks, including entering the Golfbreaks matchplay competitions, which will be publicised on the Invicta website.
- Fixtures – most fixtures have been confirmed and are on the website or will be once DHG has time to update. Some March fixtures will need to be rearranged and it is not yet clear that all clubs will be able to guarantee that they will be able to host all fixtures in the season. The intention is to go ahead with the league so long as this is feasible, decision to be made by end of March, once things hopefully become clearer.
- Slope ratings – Standard rules will apply and handicaps will be dictated using the home course ratings.
- ‘Category 1’ players. It was agreed that no more than 3 players with playing handicap of 5 or better can play in each team. This handicap is the one calculated at the club hosting the match, not the players own club handicap. This obviously means team captains may need to check the slope ratings of the course if playing away from home.
- Catering – in normal circumstances catering is provided by the home club, this can be a breakfast before the match or a light meal or sandwiches after.
- Invicta cup – Potential pairs knockout competition, defer until next season.
- Jamboree – The committee wished to express their thanks to Dale Hill GC for stepping up and hosting a great event in October 2020 and to Golfbreaks for providing prizes.
- PC confirmed that Nevill GC will host the Jamboree on October 10th
No further business, the meeting closed at 6.45pm
DATE FOR 2021 JAMBOREE, AT NEVILL GC, IS CONFIRMED AS SUNDAY 10th OCTOBER 2021.