The rules of the league were drafted by the committee in the year 2005, a summary follows.
Format of the games.
- Each team to consist of ten players, all players to be a minimum age of 18.
- The team to have no more than 3 category one players.
- A maximum handicap of 18 is allowed.
- Matches will be played in pairs betterball, played off 9/10 handicap difference.
- Each pair will play for three points = 3 points for a win, one point for a half, making a maximum of 15 points available in each match.
We have three divisions and each division will play four home and four away matches, with a one up one down basis at the end of the season.
In the event of a tie the amount of matches won, then individual games won and then, if still tied, the head to head results between the two tied teams will determine promotion/relegation.
All players must have an active handicap, any club found to be playing inactive players will be disciplined by the committee, whose decision will be final.
Buggies are not permitted except due to a medical exemption and in that case a medical certificate should be available. If a player with a medical exemption does use a buggy, his playing partner cannot use the buggy at any time for himself or his golf equipment.
Tees used for matches would normally be the medal tees but the home club can use it’s discretion to nominate use of an alternative tee position, so long as it is marked, should they so wish.
The league is run by the founders committee, the committee consists of a member from each of the clubs that founded the league.
- David Hawes-Gatt (Chairman) Hever Castle
- Kevin Still – West Malling
- Darren Read – Redlibbets
- John Kirby – North Foreland
- Michael Pilbeam – Canterbury
- Paul Cronin – Nevill
All enquiries re this website please contact David Hawes-Gatt at firstname.lastname@example.org